Saturday, January 5, 2013

Delicious Saturday Pancake Brunch

Today I decided to treat myself to another round of those cottage cheese pancakes that I made over the holidays (read more here). I spent last night and this morning doing some work for my Business Strategy class, and I am supposed to do some reading for my Strategic Financial Management class (which I am a little terrified of, actually), so I thought I'd reward myself with a nice brunch. This time I ate the pancakes American-style: stacked and with fruit in between. I stacked three pancakes and did a layer of cream cheese between the first two and a layer of kiwi and a delicious specialty pineapple and nuts cream cheese that I really love between the middle and the top pancake. Let me tell you, it was completely delicious! Check out my photos below:



Also, just like every year, my orchids are starting to bloom. This is the orchid I've had for the longest time, and it is the one that started to bloom first this year. 

2 comments:

bairozan said...

Frankly, I prefer crêpes but you brought back memroies of the taste of American style pancakes I had long ago and they were not bad at all! I don't want to make any commitments, just in case my husband reads this, but I might try making some... some day ;)

kosebose said...

I actually really like American pancakes. I really like the fact that you can play around with the batter itself and add things like cottage cheese, apples, blueberries, even grated carrots. There's much room for experimentation, and it also reminds me of the good old college days :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails