Saturday, August 16, 2014

Poetry: Commissioned Original Artwork

Some time ago I sold my painting Beginning through my Etsy to a woman in the US. Little did I know that this client was no other than the Baltimore-based art consultant Robin Bozzuto. Later she and her partner Lexie Greene (Bozzuto Greene Art) contacted me to discuss the opportunity to paint commissioned works, which, as you can imagine, I was very excited to do. Luckily for me they had a client who was interested in my work, and this is how I landed my first big commission, a large painting with dimensions 132 x 66 cm.



The client wanted the painting to have a color scheme similar to a painting I sold a while ago (Back to Life), so I the work turned out really beautiful with its pale yellows, whites and fresh blues. I added a touch of pale pink here and there for visual interest, and I am very happy with the way it turned out. It reminded me of morning light through the branches of a blooming tree, and the mood the artwork creates when placed in a room is very serene, yet cheerful. Packaging and shipping the work was quite the interesting experience, but thankfully I had Pavel and his Toyota 4Runner to assist me in the task :) I’m not sure I would have fit the package in my car. As you can see on the photo below, it is pretty much as big as I am.



I really hope the client likes the work; I have certainly enjoyed painting it.

You can read more about Robin Bozzuto and Lexie Greene here and at their official website.

1 comment:

bairozan said...

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails