Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wanderlust

Six flights. Five time zones. One big three-and-a-half-week adventure.

Wanderlust.

Also defined as a "strong desire to travel", I'd like to think that I have some wanderlust in my heart. I'd like to think of myself as a good traveler, a person craving new experiences, a girl that likes the wind in her hair, and a woman that can rule any city.

The truth is that I'm not sure I'm all of those things, or maybe I am, but not entirely, or not all the time. I love traveling and the wonder that comes from seeing a breathtaking view for the first time, tasting a new treat, or dipping your toe in another sea, but I am also a homey girl that can enjoy staying in as well as going out, I like sleeping in my own bed, and I get tired of living out of a suitcase after a long stretch on the road. I love cooking and cuddling, and the comforting familiarity of a hometown, and I tend to try and make a place feel like home as soon as possible. I am a great temporary wanderer, just not a good long-term one.

After a long stretch of endless work and studying for my MBA (although both of those things are still going on) I both needed and craved a vacation that would let me get away from my daily routine, my computer, cell phone, and my worries. I got it. My American adventure of 2013 with three and a half blessed weeks of stress-free travel between Boston, Cape Cod, my Colby reunion in Maine, San Francisco, Napa, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, and London. I laughed, I spend time outside, I stayed in the sun, I spent time with my guy, I reconnected with old friends, and I truly relaxed for the first time in a long time. You could say it was the best thing that I could have done for myself, and during that time, I was a traveler. I just need to learn how to pack lighter :)

Stay tuned for more sights and stories from my trip, and enjoy some of the views now:

 
 
 
 


2 comments:

bairozan said...

Sounds like my dream vacation :)

christine donee said...

I can never get enough of the Grand Canyon... always so unreal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails