Wednesday, January 5, 2011

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

The new year is here, and for the first time in what feels like an insanely long time, I felt great celebrating it.
This past year was a year of changes and of putting my life back together after it fell into pieces in 2009. I moved past a heartache that threatened to unglue me completely (and almost succeeded), I changed jobs, I took a much deserved relaxing vacation. I signed up for a photography course, I gained some of the weight I had lost due to stress, and I got a new haircut. Maybe I don't have thousands of close friends, but I have been blessed with a few close friends and loved ones that stood by me and supported me through the difficult things, for which I am eternally grateful. All in all, it was a good year, and it was definitely better than 2009.
I don't really have a ton of resolutions for the new year, even though I could whip up a list of things to do in 2011 in something like 3 seconds. I just want to be happy. I want to feel like my life is back under control where possible. I want to be healthy and happy, and I would like to think of myself and my own well-being a little more. Life is short, so I guess I should try to enjoy it as much as I can.
Thinking about resolutions and hopes for the future, I looked around for interesting quotes and sayings, and I compiled a small list of the ones I liked best. I hope that they inspire you like they have inspired me.

1. This first one is what I have begun to call my New Year's Resolution. It's a quote from a poem by Mary Oliver. The design is mine.
Photobucket
2. This one is wonderful, and when I read it, I thought to myself "this is exactly what I've been trying to explain to people all these years." :) I found it here.

Photobucket
3. This third one is quite true. I found it here.

Photobucket
4. This is also good for a New Year's Resolution. Check out i can read for more stuff like this.

Photobucket
5. I strongly believe in this one below. I would like to be loved like that.
I found this quote online with a similar design, but I decided to make my own, which is the one I'm posting here:


Photobucket
6. Finally, a really cool quote I found online. I love this quote. Again, this design is mine.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails