Sunday, July 11, 2010

FAMOUS IN BRAZIL

It's a crazy world we live in. Some decades ago, going away to study or live in another country was like an end of an era. It meant leaving people behind and not seeing them or hearing their voice for months or even years. Now, my four closest friends live in different corners of the world - in the US, London, Brazil and Sofia, but I still get to talk to them all the time. Now, I am designing logos for Brazilian companies while sitting comfortably in front of my laptop on my desk in Sofia, Bulgaria. The world has never been smaller.

Leo was probably the very first person I met in college. He was, and still is, one of my closest friends from Colby; I don't think I can even count the number of movie nights, tango lessons, or conversations about Harry Potter we've had over the years, but I'm sure that the number is insane. Leo is from Brazil. His grandmother, who decided that retirement is definitely not for her, is opening her own company, so he asked me to design a logo for her. I was thrilled to do it. After all, how many times does a Bulgarian designer get to work on a project for Brazil!?

He gave me the following info:

- The name of the company is D.I.A.-D CONSULTORIA E ASSESSORIA EMPRESARIAL LTDA, which stands for Develop.Integrate.Self-Knowledge (Auto-conhecimento in Portuguese).Dynamic (to make dynamic).
- The company's objectives are to provide guidance, assistance and consultancy in the field of corporate management, in particular about health services and pedagogical and educational matters.
- His grandmother wants the logo to include a spiral to show that things are always moving and that her company is very dynamic.

Following these guidelines, I came up with the some designs:

Photobucket

The lucky winner was the logo on the top left. Now, when the company becomes wildly successful, I'll be able to brag to everyone about my part in it. I'll be famous in Brazil. Isn't that completely awesome
?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails