Monday, December 14, 2009

HANDMADE EARRINGS

I love handmade things. There are a few small art shops around Sofia that sell all kinds of handmade things – plates, mugs, candles, scarves – and I just love to browse their shelves for hidden treasures. I especially love handmade jewelry. It is interesting and unique, and I always get compliments when I’m wearing something like that. You can see some of my favorites from my collection in the pictures below (from left to right: earrings made out of wire, earrings made with peony petals, and handmade silver rings and earrings):

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Of course, I can’t always find exactly what I’m looking for, so at one point I started making my own jewelry. I have made a bunch of earrings and a couple of necklaces, examples of which you can see below:


Photobucket Photobucket

Just this past week, I filled an order I had for two pairs of earrings. The order was for one pair of “black earrings that can be worn with a dress” and one pair of “kind of crazy blue and green earrings.” The black earrings were easy enough in terms of the design, even if they weren't so easy in terms of execution:

Photobucket

However, I had no idea what to do for the “kind of crazy blue and green earrings.” I decided just to browse the shelves of a couple of bead and art supply stores and wait for inspiration to strike. I got a bunch of different jewelry elements and some funky blue-green beads, but I was still wondering what to do with them. Then, I rummaged through my drawers and found some wooden jewelry elements that were leftovers from another project. I ended up painting the wooden elements in blues and greens and gluing the beads to them. I actually love the final product so much that I think I’m going to make something similar for myself (hopefully without gluing my fingers together this time).

Check out the earrings below:


A few days ago, I made another pair in a similar style, this time using grey and black beads of various shapes and sizes. While these have a more classic look because of the conservative color scheme, they are still interesting and unique:


I’m ready to make more, just say the word :).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails