Wednesday, July 6, 2011

KERAMOTI, GREECE

Photobucket
After all the long and grueling work days last week and all the excitement and exhaustion of working on a TV commercial, I just had to take a couple of days off and escape on a relaxing weekend beach break. The destination this time: the picturesque village and gorgeous beaches of Keramoti in Greece and the resort city of Kavala.

With its white sand, light cerulean water, sparkling blue sky with perfectly white cotton clouds, and the blue-green outline of the island of Thassos in the distance, the beach in Keramoti feels exotic and luxurious. I could easily imagine myself staying there for a week or two, the perfect amount of time to decompress while sipping my freshly squeezed orange juice, enjoying mouth-watering seafood meals and reading my book. An added bonus were the dazzling sunsets, pink, violet and gold on a clear day and a glorious mix of oranges, purples and blues when there are clouds in the sky.

Enjoy some of my photos of the place. I've selected those lovely little details and beautiful landscapes that create the atmosphere of Keramoti, Kavala, and the lake monastery near Porto Lagos, and I hope that afterwards you will be able to close your eyes and imagine that you are there. I know I will.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails