Saturday, July 16, 2011

FOOD PHOTOS: OMONIMO RESTAURANT

I completed my first food photography assignment some weeks back, photographing food for the menu of a new restaurant in Sofia called Omonimo. Let me tell you this: I was terrified! I think that food photography is very, very hard, and I was completely daunted by the fact that I had to do such an assignment. The good part was that I wasn't going to be alone but with the other photographer in our agency, which was a definite relief. It was reassuring to know that there would be another person shooting some of the same dishes, just in case. Also, the owners of the restaurant weren't expecting some sort of photographic masterpiece, but just photos that made their food look tasty and recognizable in the menu.

Let me tell you something else, too: the food smelled, looked and tasted amazing! I was salivating the whole time! The photos turned out OK, too. Now I can definitely see some things that could be improved and I'm sure that my photography teacher will find even more such things. Still, I'm pleased with the result, especially given the fact that we didn't have much in the way of lighting equipment. See for yourself below, and be gentle with me :)

P.S. Just as an aside, I love my polarizing filter! I never thought it would be so useful, but now I can't go anywhere without it! If you don't already have one, get one!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The restaurant has a wood-burning pizza oven, which is what I photographed here on that last photo.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails