Sunday, September 1, 2013

Photo Safari Around The Iskar Hunting Ranch

Last weekend I visited a very cool place that is just outside of Sofia, and yet I, along with most people I have now talked to about it, hadn't even known it existed until now. The Iskar Hunting Ranch is precisely what the name says during the hunting season, but for those of us who don't hunt, the ranch organizes photo safaris upon request.


They drive you around acres and acres of land where herds of red deer, does, stags, and moufflons graze and run, which is not something that you can see elsewhere in Bulgaria. The animals are really beautiful, and I regretted the fact that I don't have a trusty Canon EF 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 to get some real close-ups. I am resolved to rent one the next time I go to the ranch, perhaps later this fall when the trees change color or in the spring when everything is lush and green. Right now, in late summer, the fields are mostly yellow, at times making you feel like you are in Africa, minus the African wildlife.

Check out some of the photos of the animals. The young ones are particularly cute - little bambi-like sweeties with perky tails. They were adorable. 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails